Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

'I Am So Sick of White Guys' coloring book hits a nerve

Started by Wazzzup, December 22, 2017, 12:22:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wazzzup

http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/white-guys-1280x720.png">http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uplo ... 80x720.png">http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/white-guys-1280x720.png[/img]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/white-guys-1280x720.png">http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uplo ... 80x720.png">http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/white-guys-1280x720.png[/img]

I didn't click on the link Wazzzup..

Is this being marketed to kids or is it a gag?

Wazzzup

Not a gag-- here is some info

QuoteA Seattle man has published a coloring book attacking white men to soothe the soul of left-wingers, Democrats, and Black Lives Matter acolytes — just in time for Christmas.

"I Am So Sick of White Guys," the new coloring book by author Jim Corbett, is, among other things, aimed at attacking "white privilege" and accusing President Donald Trump of being a puppet for Russian strongman Vladimir Putin.

Along with the Trump/Putin theme, Corbett included Ku Klux Klan rallies, attacks on white men for criticizing the NFL's anti-American protests during the national anthem, and scenes celebrating the left's attacks on free speech on college campuses.

The idea came from Corbett's habit of losing his cool over television news reporting on the evils of white people. Corbett — himself a white man — soon began dreaming up his coloring book as a way to relieve the stress in his put-upon liberal life.

"It came completely out of me screaming at my TV, and the way the GOP is taking the country off in a totally different direction," Corbett told the Journal News.

"For us, this is a humorous coping mechanism. I am very frustrated and sad," Corbett insisted. "But we want to make sure people understand this is not a vehicle of intolerance or hate. We are not trying to get people to hate white guys. We need people to have good coping mechanisms." (eeeyeah right!)

Corbett and co-author Tim Jones –who is also white — then hired Steve Hartley — an African America — to draw the book's pages, the result of which is now for sale at ten dollars a book on Amazon. Corbett also happily notes that ten percent of the profits are being donated to the left-wing Southern Poverty Law Center.

The author said he has been dealing with "white privilege" for decades.

Corbett explained how white people have privilege. "Look, I'm a white guy; there's a lot of white guys like me, and this idea of white privilege is a real thing," he said adamantly.

In fact, Corbett thinks he was a beneficiary of "white privilege" because when he was a young man, his parents once talked police out of arresting him.

"I have been a beneficiary of white privilege and gotten in trouble for stupid things. If the same thing had happened to a couple of black kids it would have been different," he said.

Corbett also attacked the nation's police and proclaimed ex-NFL player Colin Kaepernick an ideal citizen for the anti-American protests he invented during the playing of the national anthem.

"The flag is merely a symbol of what we revere, and one of those things is free speech," Corbett explained. "In football, they are using a really visible way to get across that more than 800 unarmed people have been killed this year by police. It is outrageous."

Finally, Corbett slammed Republicans for having closed minds and said he wants conservatives to buy his coloring book that ridicules and attacks them.

"Be open to hearing other perspectives or opinion. And don't be so defensive," he said.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"Not a gag-- here is some info

QuoteA Seattle man has published a coloring book attacking white men to soothe the soul of left-wingers, Democrats, and Black Lives Matter acolytes — just in time for Christmas.

"I Am So Sick of White Guys," the new coloring book by author Jim Corbett, is, among other things, aimed at attacking "white privilege" and accusing President Donald Trump of being a puppet for Russian strongman Vladimir Putin.

Along with the Trump/Putin theme, Corbett included Ku Klux Klan rallies, attacks on white men for criticizing the NFL's anti-American protests during the national anthem, and scenes celebrating the left's attacks on free speech on college campuses.

The idea came from Corbett's habit of losing his cool over television news reporting on the evils of white people. Corbett — himself a white man — soon began dreaming up his coloring book as a way to relieve the stress in his put-upon liberal life.

"It came completely out of me screaming at my TV, and the way the GOP is taking the country off in a totally different direction," Corbett told the Journal News.

"For us, this is a humorous coping mechanism. I am very frustrated and sad," Corbett insisted. "But we want to make sure people understand this is not a vehicle of intolerance or hate. We are not trying to get people to hate white guys. We need people to have good coping mechanisms." (eeeyeah right!)

Corbett and co-author Tim Jones –who is also white — then hired Steve Hartley — an African America — to draw the book's pages, the result of which is now for sale at ten dollars a book on Amazon. Corbett also happily notes that ten percent of the profits are being donated to the left-wing Southern Poverty Law Center.

Corbett explained how white people have privilege. "Look, I'm a white guy; there's a lot of white guys like me, and this idea of white privilege is a real thing," he said adamantly.

In fact, Corbett thinks he was a beneficiary of "white privilege" because when he was a young man, his parents once talked police out of arresting him.

"I have been a beneficiary of white privilege and gotten in trouble for stupid things. If the same thing had happened to a couple of black kids it would have been different," he said.

Corbett also attacked the nation's police and proclaimed ex-NFL player Colin Kaepernick an ideal citizen for the anti-American protests he invented during the playing of the national anthem.

"The flag is merely a symbol of what we revere, and one of those things is free speech," Corbett explained. "In football, they are using a really visible way to get across that more than 800 unarmed people have been killed this year by police. It is outrageous."

Finally, Corbett slammed Republicans for having closed minds and said he wants conservatives to buy his coloring book that ridicules and attacks them.

"Be open to hearing other perspectives or opinion. And don't be so defensive," he said.

So white privilege in the USA means not being harassed by the police?

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Wazzzup"Not a gag-- here is some info

So white privilege in the USA means not being harassed by the police?

If blacks have an image problem with the police they might try not hating on them all the time with Black Lives Matter and NFL retards taking knees. And maybe get mad at the criminal blacks that make them look bad instead. Good will is a two way street.  

Even so, as Shen mentioned before, twice as many white people are shot by cops every year than blacks, even though blacks commit as many violent crimes as whites do (though they are only 13% of the population).

Wazzzup

BTW the author is the perfect example of the white leftist virtue signaller.  He has set aside 10% of his profits for the SPLC,  But where does the other 90% go? into his white privileged pocket, that's where.  None of it goes to helping the minorities he claims to have so much pity for.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"BTW the author is the perfect example of the white leftist virtue signaller.  He has set aside 10% of his profits for the SPLC,  But where does the other 90% go? into his white privileged pocket, that's where.  None of it goes to helping the minorities he claims to have so much pity for.

And if the IRS is like the CRA, he'll get back eighty per cent of that generous ten per cent donation. He really keeps ninety eight per cent of the profits.

Anonymous

What parent would  warp  their child's impressionable mind and buy it?

Berry Sweet

Theres so much pussification today...."I dont like this, I dont like that"..."Im offended by dumb shit".... people and their racist groups dividing eachother....why not unite?  Are people so dumb to realize if we all unite and stand together, how much power we could actually have!?  Wake up.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Theres so much pussification today...."I dont like this, I dont like that"..."Im offended by dumb shit".... people and their racist groups dividing eachother....why not unite?  Are people so dumb to realize if we all unite and stand together, how much power we could actually have!?  Wake up.

I guess they couldn't sell these colouring books if we did that.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Theres so much pussification today...."I dont like this, I dont like that"..."Im offended by dumb shit".... people and their racist groups dividing eachother....why not unite?  Are people so dumb to realize if we all unite and stand together, how much power we could actually have!?  Wake up.

Unite? Why would progtards unite? They need division or they have nopurpose. Whitey is their enemy.

Bricktop

White blacks are our biggest problem.

All wannabe crusaders who need a cause to validate their tedious existence look for the most emotive and divisive issues they can, so the noise is all the more louder, which means in turn that they think they are achieving something and they feel smug about themselves.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"White blacks are our biggest problem.

All wannabe crusaders who need a cause to validate their tedious existence look for the most emotive and divisive issues they can, so the noise is all the more louder, which means in turn that they think they are achieving something and they feel smug about themselves.

As Yeah Right said, the only way for whites to be acceptable is to blame their DNA.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Wazzzup"http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/white-guys-1280x720.png">http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uplo ... 80x720.png">http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/white-guys-1280x720.png[/img]

I didn't click on the link Wazzzup..

Is this being marketed to kids or is it a gag?

Would anyone market a I am so sick of muslims  and Africans colouring book to kids?

Bricktop